Tuesday, September 27, 2011

What is my main priority?



Yesterday in class we were prompted with the question "What is your current, main priority in life?". I am very goal oriented, so the answer popped right into my head: finish my schooling. This is my fourth year of college and I still have two more after this one. At times it feels like I will never be done school but I also have the moments where I think "where did the past three years go??". I want to be successful in school. Also this might be my last year playing competitive basketball so I want to excel in basketball as well since I have been playing since grade five.

Here is an inspirational video I found on youtube about success that I found motivating: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jal4OkZtz8g

In class, we learned about Erik Erikson's Stages of Human Development which are:

1. Trust vs. Mistrust
2. Autonomy vs. shame and doubt
3. Initiative vs. guilt
4. Industry vs. inferiority
5. identity vs. identity confusion
6. intimacy vs isolation
7. generativity vs. stagnation
8. integrity vs. despair

The stage I see myself in is 4 and 6. I see myself in stage 4 because I want to be successful in my schooling and I was unsure if that would be placed into stage 7 because it was more self centered goal than giving back. Also, I see myself in stage 6 because I am in a relationship of four years and my significant other is an important part of my life and supports me.

No comments: